So, after all those posts about LISP routines that change Polylines into Splines and Splines into Polylines, I saw a video on Cadalyst’s Website that shows how this is available in AtuoCAD since 2010. This is very handy because you don’t have to worry about loading any LISP routines.
All you have to do is use one of 2 commands:
1) The PEDIT command PE <enter> and select a spline.
- It will ask is you want to turn it into a polyline <Y> <enter>
- Specify a precision <10> (can enter a value of 0-99) the higher the number the higher the resolution. But apparently, the default value of “10” works really well.
2) SPLINEDIT <enter> and select the spline.
- Select the option to “convert to polyline”
- then Specify the Precision (same as above)