Rotating a view within a viewport can be quite involved when using the DVIEW command as was shown in this post: https://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/dview-with-a-twist-rotating-a-viewport-view/
But as a guest named Nick pointed out, the ALIGNSPACE command from the Express Tools is a quick way in which rotating the view within a viewport to match that of a line in Paper Space is easy as using the ALIGN command.
It is really that easy too!!!
- Make sure that you have a reference line in both model space and paper space.
- Activate the viewport in which the view is to be rotated.
- Start the ALIGNSPACE command. Found on the “Express Tools” tab > “Layout” panel > “Align Space” tool
- Pick 2 points within the viewport that define the angle
- Pick 2 points in Paper space to define the desired angle
- Click inside a viewport to apply the rotation to that viewport and then hit <enter>
Note: The order in which you define the 2 points within the viewport and the order of the 2 points in paper space will be aligned accordingly.