You may know that there is the ALIGN command which is really helpful. But with the ALIGN command the object that you are aligning/rotating end up being moved to its reference object. So how do you rotate an object and basically leave it in its current location and use another object’s angle as a reference?
- ROTATE <enter> ( or RO <enter>) to start the rotate command
- Select the object(s) to rotate <enter>
- R <enter> to start the Reference option
- Click 2 points on the object that is to be rotated. This basically sets the relative angle to zero.
- P <enter> for the “Points” option
- Click 2 points on the reference object. This will set the new rotation angle for the object that is to be rotate.