Inspired by a comment from Daniel in the same post for AutoCAD Arch 2011, I thought that I should walk through the complete steps as they seem to work more permanently than the simple tip that I initially suggested.
Once again, Autodesk forgot to load our favorite tools into AutoCAD Architecture 2012. So here’s how to get them back:
- On your computer, go to the control panel and then go to the uninstall programs utility.
- Select AutoCAD Architecture as though you are going to uninstall it. Then select the uninstall/change button as seen below.
You are not actually uninstalling the program. This is an instance where we are using the “change” option to the “uninstall/change” button.
You will see the screen (as seen below) after a few seconds.
- Select the “Add or Remove Features” button (as seen below)
- Now check the check-box next to “Express Tools” from the list of “features” to add.
- Then click Next to load the cuix menu for Express Tools.
After this gets loaded and closes. Start AutoCAD Architecture like normal.
With AutoCAD Architecture open:
- MENULOAD <enter> to load the cuix menu that we loaded earlier.
In the dialog box (as seen below):
- Click the Browse button
- Select “acetmain.cuix” (acetmain = Auto Cad Express Tools)
- Click the “open” button
- Select “Load”
Be patient as it loads and as always…..