There are times when I use a curved MLeader because the straight lines of a normal MLeader might be confused with the straight lines of the object that I am drawing. After all, as a drafter, my job is clarity and accuracy, and the last thing that I want in my drawings is something that is not clear.
Here’s how to add the curved leader to an MLeader:
1) You can set up a MLeader style and click on the “Leader Format” tab and click on the “Type” drop-down list and select “Spline” from the list. (as seen below)
2) The other way to do this allows you to change the leader shape to individual MLeaders. (as seen below)
- Select the leader that you want to make curved.
- Right-Click and select “Properties” from the right-click menu. This will open the Properties Palette.
- In the “Leaders” section of the Properties Palette, the first property that you can change is called “Leader Type” and the list should look like the one above where the list says “Straight.”
- Click on this Drop-down list and select “Spline”