Have you ever needed to replace a block throughout your drawing?
Here is an Express Tool that will make your life a lot easier:
(WARNING: this globally replaces the block that you select and you may lose the block if chosen to do so)
- BLOCKREPLACE <enter> OR
- From the Express Tools ribbon > Blocks panel select the “Replace Block” button
- From the “BLOCKREPLACE” dialog box, either select the block name from the list or click the “Pick<” button (as seen below). This will allow you to go into your drawing and select an instance of the block that you would like to replace.
- After selecting the block that is to be replaced, Now the dialog box is asking you what block you would like to replace it with. Again, you can either choose the name of the block from the list or click the “Pick<” button to go into your drawing and select a block.
- After you select the block that is to replace the other block(s), click OK.
- You are then asked (in the command line) whether you would like to purge from the drawing, the block that is being replaced. If you plan on using this block in the drawing, don’t purge it.
The blocks have now been replaced throughout the drawing at their insertion points.